What do you get once you cross a Greek with a Mexican? NOT taco 🌮 Tuesday 🤷♀️
Crammed these tortillas with Saganaki Prawns, feta, lamb, tzastiki, paprika rooster and recent veggies and plenty of 💓
I used the beneath recipe for the tortillas ⬇️
* Three cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* ⅓ cup further virgin olive oil, vegetable oil or different pretty impartial flavored oil
* 1 cup heat water
1. Mix flour, salt and baking powder within the bowl of a stand mixer. Utilizing the dough hook, combine dry elements till properly mixed.
2. Add oil and water with mixer working at a medium velocity. After about 1 minute, or when combination comes collectively and begins to type a ball, lower mixing velocity to low. Proceed to combine for 1 minute or till dough is clean.
3. Switch dough to a calmly floured work floor. Divide into 16 equal parts. Flip each bit to coat with flour. Kind each bit right into a ball and flatten with the palm of your hand. Cowl flattened balls of dough with a clear kitchen towel and permit to relaxation for a minimum of 15 minutes (or as a lot as 2 hours) earlier than continuing.
4. After the remaining interval, warmth a big pan over medium warmth. Roll every dough piece right into a tough circle, about 6-7 inches in diameter, hold work floor and rolling pin calmly floured. Don’t stack raw tortillas on prime of one another or they may stick collectively.
5. When the pan is sizzling, place one dough circle into the pan and permit to prepare dinner about 1 minute or till the underside floor has a couple of pale brown spots and the raw floor is bubbly. If browning too quick, cut back the warmth a bit. If it’s taking longer than a minute to see a couple of pale golden brown spots on the underside of tortillas, enhance the warmth a bit. Flip to different aspect and prepare dinner for 15-20 seconds. The tortillas ought to be good and comfortable however have a couple of small brown spots on the floor.