STICKY RAINBOW BEEF
It was a brilliant fast meal tonight, this recipe is so easy and tremendous tasty. It’s my go to after an extended day at work.
Hope you take pleasure in it as a lot as we do/did!
500 grams of sirloin steak
1 cup corn starch (divided in half)
1 small onion 2 cloves garlic 4-5 slices ginger (sliced skinny, 2-Three mm) 1 tablespoon gentle soy sauce
Candy and Sticky Sauce 3/Four cup honey 1/Four cup + 2 tablespoons gentle soy sauce half cup water 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce half tablespoon rice vinegar 1 tablespoon sesame oil 1 tablespoon shaoxing cooking wine 5 teaspoons corn starch 6 teaspoons water
Marinate the Beef
* Slice the steak into 1 cm extensive strips and place it in a bowl. (In case your steak is greater than 1 cm thick, reduce the strips in half once more length-wise)
* In a meals processor, blitz the onion, garlic, and ginger till it’s a paste. (In the event you don’t have a meals processor, you possibly can grate them or chop it very finely by hand, simply be sure that the ginger bits are very tiny)
* Add the marinade and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce to the meat and blend effectively and marinade it within the fridge for 1 hour (or 20-30 minutes in room temperature)
Deep Frying the Beef
* After the meat has marinated, mud half cup of corn starch (or corn starch) on the meat and use your fingers to loosely coat the meat with it. Let it sit for 10 minutes
* If you are ready for the meat, warmth up a heavy backside pot (or wok) set the temperature of the oil to 375F (191C) (or medium warmth) and add a minimum of 1 inch of oil and watch for it to get scorching.
* As soon as the meat has sat for 10 minutes, mud the opposite half cup of corn starch on the meat once more to frivolously re-coat the meat and frivolously mud off any extra starch. Deep fry it instantly.
* Utilizing your fingers separate the meat if they’re clumped collectively and deep fry it within the oil in small batches (be sure that the oil is scorching however not smoking – to check if the oil is scorching sufficient, add 1 small piece of beef first and see if it immediately sizzles)
* Deep fry the meat for 1-2 minutes, and take away it from the pot onto a plate with parchment paper or newspaper.
* As soon as all the meat has been cooked as soon as (first fry), add all of it again in for the second deep