STAFYLI GLYKO a Greek grape Candy
That is half 1, I’ve different plans for these guys, want me luck 🙏 in the event that they final ….
Glyko stafyli or grape protect are candied grapes in syrup, I used giant black ones for this however historically you’ll use small Sultana ones.
On nearly each Greek island, in each village, and even within the modern-day metropolis, the “glyko’ (or candy of the spoon) is obtainable to friends as a gesture of welcome. Normally accompanied with a chilly glass of water and Greek espresso.
My frequent household visits to Cyprus would contain visiting relations and tantalising variations of this deal with. From watermelon to bitter cherries and even child zucchini. My all time favorite was with walnuts and I miss them 😢 my auntie makes the perfect💕
That is additionally an ideal accompaniment to your cheese board, we simply adore it 😇
This recipe is by no method a standard method of creating it however it works and its fabulous.
So keep tuned for my subsequent journey with this little deal with 😊
* 500 grams black grapes
* 2 cups grape juice
* 800 grams granulated sugar
* ½ tsp vanilla essence
* Juice of half of a lemon
* Wash the grapes nicely
* In a meals processor or a juicer, extract the juice from the 500 grams of grapes and go it by a sieve.
* Put the sugar and grape juice in a big pot and with a picket spoon or spatula combine till the sugar dissolves.
* Put it on the warmth and hold mixing for about 5 minutes till the granules of the sugar dissolve.
* Add within the grapes and vanilla
* On excessive warmth deliver to boil and blend repeatedly for 5 minutes. You will note froth forming on prime however as you proceed mixing it would go away
* Simmer for about 45 minutes (scoop out any resin ) till the syrup is prepared, thickish …
* On the finish add the lemon juice and blend. Return the grapes to your warmth , combine for 1 minute after which take away from the warmth.
* When utterly chilly, retailer in sterilized jars.
* Retailer in a cabinet.