LAMB SPANAKI (spinach)
This dish brings again so many fond recollections of my childhood.
My mum would put together this dish while working in our household fish store. She would usually put together dinner out the again and telephone us when it was prepared to select up.
The very best was the late night time dinners gathered at an aunts place weekly, all of the cousins would collect round a feast match for a king, evidently this was one of many favourites ❤️
I hope you take pleasure in this recipe as a lot as we do.
Thanks mumma for the nice recollections you gave us 🙏
* 1 kilo of Lamb loin chops
* 4-5 bunches of recent English spinach
* half a cup of olive oil
* 50 grams of butter
* 1 cup of sizzling water
* 2 tbsp of tomato paste
* 2 cups of tomato Passata
* 1 medium chopped onion
* 2 ripped tomatoes chopped
* Three crushed garlic cloves
* 1 cup of purple wine
* Salt and pepper to style
1. Rinse Lamb chops and pressure.
2. Wash the spinach very nicely with loads of operating water and pressure.
3. Brown your meat in a tad of olive oil and take away, put aside
4. Warmth up the butter within the pan, the identical pan because the browning of the meat, fry the chopped onions and garlic till they’re translucent.
5. Add salt and pepper to style, chopped tomatoes, the tomato paste, tomato Passata, dissolved in water and convey to boil. Add the wine.
6. Place within the oven and make sure you cowl nicely with a layer of grease proof paper after which foil. Sluggish prepare dinner for 1 hour on 160 levels.
7. Stir often and add some water if wanted.
8. Add the spinach, between the meat and prepare dinner for about 15 minutes or till the spinach is cooked and the sauce is thick. Be sure to cowl the meat and spinach nicely with foil!