I’ve been watching an previous present Sopranos and there have been a whole lot of pasta particularly baked ziti. Made me hungry … So comfortable to see the cheese effervescent and switch golden within the oven. I can’t wait to dig in.
Unique recipe by thepioneerwoman
1 lb floor beef
1 lb Italian sausage
1 onion (diced)
Three clove garlic (sliced)
28 ounceswhole tomato
28 ouncestomato sauce
1.5 lb mozzarella (grated)
15 ounceswhole milk ricotta
1/2 cup Parmesan
1 lb ziti pasta
Spice: oregano, parsley, crushed purple pepper, black pepper
1. Sauté onion and garlic in oil for Three to Four minutes. Add the bottom beef and sausage and prepare dinner till browned. Drain extra fats. Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, Parsley, oregano, purple pepper flakes and a few salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes. Take away Three to Four cups of the cooked sauce to a bowl to chill down.
2. Prepare dinner pasta for 7 minutes. Drain and rinse with water.
3. Combine three cheese (save 1/Three mozzarella cheese for topping) and egg. Add pasta, combine. Add cooled meat sauce, combine.
4. Layer in pasta combination and meat sauce like making lasagna. Sprinkle with extra mozzarella cheese
5. Bake at 375F for 20 minutes. About 12 servings.